Stoney Hooker Answers Five Important Questions


Joe:  Describe briefly your dream match, involving two or more wrestlers (including yourself, if you like).

Stoney:  My dream match would have to be myself against Rey Mysterio.  When I was a youngster, Rey was my idol, and, yes, I'll admit I ran around in my underwear and a mask many a time watching him on TV.  But the biggest reason is that, in my eyes, this is the one man who gave every "little" guy who ever dreamed of being a wrestler HOPE.  In a business where size and height rules, he made it to the very top.  So my dream match, I would have to say, hands down, "Stoney Hooker vs Rey Mysterio."

Joe:  What living celebrity needs his (or her) ass kicked?  And who should kick it?

Stoney:  Hmmmmm ... I don't stay up to date with celebs, but I would absolutely LOVE to see an American Idol contestant just run up and drop kick Simon right out of his chair.  That would make my year.

Joe:  If you could fight any person from history or any fictional character, who would it be?  And (briefly) why?

Stoney:  That's a tough question; going through the line up, Spiderman would whoop me hands down.  I wouldn't stand a chance against Iron Man, and without a doubt I couldn't hurt Superman, and, as bad as I hate to admit it, Wonder Woman would knock my lights out, BUT now Batman ... Now that guy is just a normal person with some cool gadgets ... Stoney Hooker MIGHT stand a chance there!

Joe:  What, in your opinion, is the coolest wrestling move known to man?

Stoney:  The coolest wrestling move known to man?  The Shooting Star Press.  This move is one that can't be learned and can't be taught.  It's one of those things where a person can either do it or they can't.  But all you smart marks out there ... remember ... just because you can do a fancy move DOES NOT make you a Wrestler!!

Joe:  What trait do you most admire in a wrestler?

Stoney:  There is no way I could narrow this down to one trait.  There are a lot of things I admire.  In today's era, anyone can step into a ring and (attempt to) wrestle, but I admire those who take it seriously in and out of a ring and put time into their bodies to look and be the best wrestler they can be.  That also means being open to constantly listening and learning.  It never fails to amaze me how those two traits disappear after a person takes their first hip toss.

Comments

Popular Posts

Archive

Show more