Sunday, July 22, 2012

In One Person

"I developed a distant infatuation with a striking-looking boy on the wrestling team; it wasn't only that he had a beautiful body. (I say 'distant,' because initially I did my best to keep my distance from him--to keep as far away from him as I could get.) Talk about a crush on the wrong person! And it was not my imagination that every other word out of many of the older boys' mouths was 'homo' or 'fag' or 'queer'; these purposely hurtful words seemed to me to be the worst things you could say about another boy at the prep school." from In One Person, by John Irving (2012)

1 comment:

  1. Funny you should post this as I am in the middle of this book now and enjoying it thoroughly. Never thought John Irving was bi but this book sounds like he "knows" what he's talking about. A great read.



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...