Monday, March 21, 2016

The Good Shit







Brian Cage vs Eagle, Ring Wars 15 (Thunders Arena)

I heard the buzz about Eagle (5'11", 200#) last year but only yesterday got around to watching him in action. Thunders Arena has the corner on wrestling bodybuilders. The videos are often what you would expect of gym bunnies with no mat or ring experience, a deficiency that usually diminishes NONE of my enjoyment of the eye candy. I thought about downloading Eagle's latest release, a three-way ring battle, but decided to go with this one instead, largely because it was the company's top seller last month and Cage (6', 255#) is always a safe bet. I'm delighted with my choice. My life would be a little poorer had I missed this four-lane collision of muscle and ambition.

Sure, I could nitpick over momentary lapses in attention and the selling of the pain, but for the most part the action, like the bodies, is rock solid. Cage makes the impossible (that this fitness model could EVER get the best of him, even for a one-minute hope spot) almost believable (my prejudice is that Brian is unconquerable). I especially enjoy the wrestlers' use of detail work on specific body parts (note the ouch-making wrist trauma in the third screen grab above). Cage definitely has sadism on his side. Pretty much all Eagle has going for him in this contest is unfounded self-confidence. Unlike his life outside the squared circle, his looks are no advantage here, quite the opposite, in fact--his beauty is reason enough for his opponent to obliterate him.

The match is shot with David Fincher-style silver-gray lighting, emphasizing the hard and cold violence to flesh and joint. The constantly moving camera is always right where I need it to be--on twitching muscle, gritted teeth, expanding spandex, and heaving chests. And what chests! Eagle is Thor, while Cage is goddamned Hulk. And Brian's back ... Wowee! ... is like the grillwork of an 18-wheeler. The two wrestlers roll through a litany of fan-favorite moves (full nelson, abuse against the ropes, hammerlocks, body slams) reeling towards a breathtaking 90-second torture rack.

I leave this match hoping the two can soon patch things up (even after this massacre) and partner up like Batman and Robin against the likes of Jersey and Brute. 

From my lips to Mr. Mike's ears.









8 comments:

  1. Damn this is a hot post. From the first image on, I was taken. Looks like Eagle does sell the pain well. The only pic I didn't like was when he had Cage on the ropes. I don't believe that for a second...as a fan of Brian Cage haha. Hopefully Cage gave a few real fists on this match.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hope you get to see the video, FSP. If you do, drop us a line or two, sharing your impressions of it.

      Delete
  2. No words can sum up my drooling and kafawing (can I make up a word if I am not misspelling a real word?) brought on by this post, these guys and this matchup. Besides being Brian (total he-man and cute), isn't he comfortable (and popular) in main stream as well as underground wrestling? Anonymously Jason

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Brian is a true wrestling colossus, with one foot in the mainstream and the other on the cocks of us kinksters.

      Delete
  3. Because of his sheer size,a Cage is usually favored in these matches. But I have an underdog thing and I wish that either Eagle or Talon could have demonstrated that even giants can fall.

    Don't mistake me. I like Brian. A lot! And I wish him all the luck in the world on the pro side, being disappointed more often then I'd like when he doesn't win there.

    But unless he faces someone on his scale, like Brutus, I'd prefer to see something different in the homoerotic promotions.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Excellent points, Almatolmen. I've given it some thought, and I realized some time ago that I don't mind when little guys beat much bigger guys so long as they use tactics whereby a little guy might be reasonably expected to beat a bigger guy in real life--by chokes for instance or low blows. I mainly have a problem when the tactics don't fit the physics such as when a little guy bear-hugs a giant or snap-mares him. I'm even willing to suspend disbelief for the occasional paralyzing claw hold.

      Delete
  4. I was disappointed in this video. Thunders Arena always has Brian Cage doing too much mat wrestling. Brian Cage is a power wrestler. There is a whole plethora of power moves this video is lacking. Where are the choke lifts? Gorilla presses? Clotheslines? Body slams? Camel clutches? Over the knee back breakers? Bear hugs? The only true power moves were in the last three minutes of the video.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Firstly, TA started adding ring matches by the pressure of their buyers. On the whole, they've been popular with them. Why? Probably for the same reason I prefer them. Generally, I've observed that ring matches have a greater variety of holds and moves. For some reason, bodyslams in mat matches tend to be lame in execution.

    I just watched a mat match from BGE and the wrestler of focus has been in ring matches, too. He used far fewer holds on the mat.

    A lack of diversity is one of the constant complaints I have in all kinds of matches from all kinds of sources. No matter how interesting it is to see a wrestler using leg scissors or body slams or Boston crabs, et al., it gets monotonous if they're used repeatedly. It's particularly frustrating, if you can clearly see a missed opportunity or someone beginning a move then moving back from it. In the mat match mentioned above, he started a snap mare, then broke it off. In some matches at RHW involving certain wrestlers, it seemed that guys were almost instructed not to use backbreakers, though they're certainly capable of the move.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...