Vi vs Iv














Vigas vs Ivan (Fightroom)

For me wrestling reaches perfection when three lines converge: the beauty of the wrestlers, the drama of the heated struggle between them, and my mind's ability to connect these things to sensuous experiences in my past. It's that last one that gives me away as a fantasist, not a true wrestling aficionado. For me as a non-wrestling fan of wrestling, these lines draw in tight in Vigas vs Ivan, a new instaclassic from Fightroom. I won't go into the personal associations I feel watching it because they'd be meaningless to anyone else and I'd only be revealing my narcissistic embrace of nostalgia in old age and my obsessiveness. Yet the main reason I write this blog is to explore these obsessions and erotic daydreams.

Both Ivan (in blue, 22, 5'11", 181#) and Vigas (in gray, 23, 5'11", 198#) are lookers. They are fast and shrewd grapplers, too. The difference  in weight does not take much away from their evenness on the wrestling mat. Neither has appeared at Fightroom previously as far as I can tell, having scrolled up and down the site's inventory in hopes of finding another match with either man - so then, too, there's the heady allure of rookie vs rookie.. This is submission wrestling so the drama's wound up entirely in one man's ability to force another into submitting to him. In that department the match is a wonder.

Ivan initiates, and for a while I'm convinced he will dominate the match. A minute later, however, Vigas shows that his strength equals (at least) Ivan's agility, and he has surprising dexterity too. Passionate lover of good give and take, especially real  give and take, I am immediately sucked into this contest, torn between the two and feeling that weird energy that possesses me when I can't decide who to cheer for but definitely want a clear victor and a clear loser. Leglocks, chinlocks dominate, locks of all kinds, at times almost fulfilling my fantasy of two wrestlers so tightly wrapped into each other that outside help is needed to separate them. Twice Vigas heaves Ivan up on his bullish shoulders (ultimately, three times), but then, minutes later, Ivan dramatically body-slams Vigas to the mat. Crab holds, figure fours, splendidly executed and often splendidly escaped and reversed.

If this is not perfection in submission wrestling for the aficionados, it is, at least, as close as I've ever been to my  idea of perfection. I want more, much more, of Vigas and Ivan and Fightroom.


Visit Fightroom here.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

Archive

Show more