A Boner for Every Two Count


















Chris Steeler vs Spartan, Collision - 16 March 2013, Long Island (Warriors of Wrestling + Fighting Spirit Wrestling)

Chris Steeler is the first wrestler I asked for a signed photo. That was shortly after I started blogging about him nearly eight years ago. He obliged, even including my name and the customary "Thanks for all your support." The framed 8x10 still hangs in my hallway with those of other wrestling gods and saints for my perplexed house-guests to wonder at.

In my fantasies, I can take on the six-foot-plus heel; that's what fantasies are for, right? For me his appeal rests largely on his ability to sell the hell out of an opponent's punch to the face or stranglehold - though his face and body exert a hold on my erotic imagination as well. And I love the staccato force of his arm bars. I adequately summed up my attraction to Steeler and other "fit without being ripped" pro wrestlers in a 2010 post. If anything, "my type" is even more exclusive now, as the draw of "ripped" is less than it used to be for me.

Spartan, aka Will Ferrara at ROH, is fantastic competition for Steeler. Cowardly and sadistic is how I like my heels. The two play off each other well, especially as the action heats (and sweats) up. The tightness of the competition and the palpable animus are what bone me up about wrestling. The last five minutes of this match is as splooge-worthy as the climax of any other wrestling match I've seen.



Comments

  1. That's a fun, fast-paced, hard-hitting match. And I totally agree with your take on the "fit without being ripped" appeal. It has always been my preference to see honestly built, thick, beefy muscle in the ring over ripped pretty boys. Think Al Perez, Arn Anderson even, back in the day. A fit powerlifter build. Tommy Angel and Alex Porteau were great muscle jobbers - thickly built with some heft to them. And a little bounce when they hit the mat.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

Archive

Show more