Wrestling Videos I Watch Over and Over and Over (Part 19)







Tyler Cintron vs Wayne DeWayne, 14 April 2012 - Anniversary Show (UCW-Zero)

To be honest, I suspect this match should be classified as a guilty pleasure. But my best pleasures are often the guiltiest, so - a shoulder shrug - what can I say? I like Cintron and DeWayne, and I'm especially attached to those times they fought each other. The pleasure of watching their bodies in motion is topped by the pleasure of watching their bodies in contact, even clumsily. My eyes often stick on DeWayne - voluptuous torso, front and back, but it's the nose that gets me as much as anything else. Some of my favorite things that can happen in a match happen in this match - a wrestler's main squeeze has to witness her man destroyed in the ring, a prolonged side headlock, bodies pressed together against ring ropes, a pregnant pause between the scooping up and the body slam, and a sudden kick-in-the-pants finisher. As a heel, DeWayne is low on the charisma meter, but he's the makings of many a fantasy every time I replay this match.







Krush vs Gaz, Third Match (Krushco)

Krush's third time on the mat against Czech strongman Gaz in 2016 was a pivotal point in my appreciation of the whole Krush saga. Here were two sensuous, brutal, and eccentric wrestlers now acquainted enough with each other's style and body to raise the tension to a new level. The whole match throws light on the beauty of male bodies at war with each other, and it gives me plenty of opportunities to daydream about the weight  and heat of body pressing against body. As an opponent, Gaz offers something different than the substantially lighter Lucien and Lionel, both gifted grapplers who were nevertheless under constant threat of disappearing under Krush's white, sweaty poundage. There's no danger of Gaz being crushed easily. He is as substantive as Krush - and as drawn to gestures of macho violence. Several moments of the two bodies entwined and heaving are locked in my memory and often color my wrestling fantasies. It's a battle I'm drawn back to again and again.






Austin Cooper and Brodie Fisher vs Josh Steel and Brian Baker (Rock Hard Wrestling)

I used not to like tag team wrestling. The old t.v. matches I watched relied on long shots to cover the action, keeping all corners of the ring in the frame at once. Since I watched wrestling on a 6-inch Japanese television with antennae (snowy reception 100% guaranteed), I couldn't see anything; and the closeups, rare as they were, never featured the holds and wrestlers I wanted to see close up. My attitude changed because of neverland (which charmed me into thinking of tag partners as lovers), Wrestling Arsenal (which turned my attention to the distressed partners outside the ropes), and gay underground wrestling (which finally gave me the right closeups). Some of my favorite tag matches were at Rock Hard - anything with Cooper and Jenkins or Steel and Baker would do. The closest these two teams got to each other is this match, with Brodie standing in for Jenks - a good pick since Brodie and Josh already had bad blood between them. I love the cockiness of the tattooed bad guys (Steel and Baker) and the comeuppance they receive in the end from the virtuous-within-limits Cooper and Fisher. I wrote about this match almost four years ago, and it's one I come (back) to routinely.


Comments

Popular Posts

Archive

Show more