A Pretty in Pain Christmas


I like the unchurchy parts of the holidays - decorations and parties - the spirit of magnanimous giving. But I don't like all the compulsive shopping, preferring that the magnanimous giving take the form of the aforementioned parties. For the past 14 years on the first Saturday of December I've invited a dozen or so of my friends and neighbors to my small apartment for cookies, cheese, chili, and spirits, a video of a crackling fire playing on the TV. Usually there's a decorated tree to ooh and ahh over. There's a penis ornament (tasteful, seriously).  The regular attendees customarily search for it among the lighted branches. My guests also take some time to ponder the 60-something framed 8x10 photos of wrestlers (from Bob Geigel to Jay White) hanging in the hallway leading to my bedroom and the sequined jacket once worn by Cesaro back when he was Claudio Castagnoli. Nobody at the party but me likes wrestling, though a few of my friends have accompanied me to some live shows over the past five years with the same pretended enthusiasm I show when I go with them to Pixar movies and Hall and Oates concerts. Most of my friends know that wrestling is my sexuality, not just a preoccupation or hobby. A few have visited Ringside at Skull Island - cautiously.

I share this information not because I find it interesting or important or expect you to but because I want to give the following GIFs the time to animate at full speed. Think of these two dozen GIFs as my little drummer boy moment - pa rum pum pum pum - all I have to give to you who share my attraction to pretty roughnecks giving and receiving pain. Seasons greetings, beatings, defeatings, and cheatings to all ... and to all a good fight.



Daniel Torch (vs Victor Sterling)

Chaos Kai Payne (vs Drew Parker)

Conor Claxton (vs Tracy Williams)

Jake Omega (vs Brooklyn Bodywrecker)

Matt Angel (vs DGenerate)

Leon Saver (vs Jay Phenomenon)

Maxi Schneider (vs Ilja Draguov)

Tony Law (vs Morgan Cruise)

Will Ospreay (vs Kip Sabian)

Alex Pinchek (vs Matt Stryker)

Nick Armstrong (vs Brad Smyth)

Brett Barnes (vs Jason Kincaid)

Matt Riddle (vs Chris Dickinson)

Zack Sabre Jr. (vs Terry Frazier)

Lionel (vs Krush)

Comments

  1. Thanks for the memories. Merry Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't want the list to end... amazing choices (as usual)!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

Archive

Show more