Pound for Pound












Jonny Firestorm vs Trent Blayze, Pros in Private 12: A Private Pounding (BG East)

The latest Pros in Private release contrasts a private match, shot at the BG East compound, and a live show, shot before an audience in Rhode Island. Both matches feature the same combatants, Jonny Firestorm and Trent Blayze. The first is the longer and more detailed fight. In private, Jonny and Trent get to tell a story in long form and maintain holds longer for the full effect of agony the holds might be expected to generate. 

The second is shorter but grander in its displays of athleticism and competition. The wrestlers play to a live crowd, so the moves are quicker and fancier, including some high-flying action from Firestorm. The presence of fans encourages a buoyancy that, on the one hand, ups the level of energy and, on the other hand, requires more superficial characterization, thus diminishing the original match's intensity. The differences are instructive, but each has advantages that the other lacks.

Pros in Private 12  is a video I needed to see. Not only am I a huge fan of Jonny and Trent, I enjoy both wrestling videos shot under controlled circumstances and live wrestling events that encourage rapport between fans and wrestlers. The former naturally works better on video, yet the latter makes me wish I had been there, screaming my lungs out at the wrestlers and ref. The latter also gives me a different Jonny than the one I'm accustomed to, in a way allowing me to view him through other people's eyes.

I like the oddball pairing of the tall, taciturn, and smooth Trent and the compact, gregarious, and hairy-chested Jonny far more than I expected to. I've had a crush on Trent since his debut in Ringwars 19  over seven years ago. Physically he reminds me of a college buddy, a football player, who used to wrestle with me in the dorm. His bulk alone is a challenge to smaller wrestlers, and for me he epitomizes the strong, silent type I'm often attracted to. Beefy and statuesque, his body makes me want to recklessly crash myself into it. 

Jonny is one of the most personable wrestlers on the BG East roster. Any view of him, even in still shots, creates the impression that 101 ideas are spinning around in his head at any given second. His wit and the in-the-moment creativity of his wrestling technique are legendary, of course. He can play the common man and the sadist with equal conviction and, startlingly, by turns in the same match. Nobody in wrestling is more creative in inventing new ways to hurt an opponent. Yet, even with the knowledge of all that, seeing him as a high flyer in Pros in Private 12  is a revelation.




Visit BG East here.

Comments

  1. Trent is the sexiest wrestler to ever grace a BGEast ring!


    ReplyDelete
  2. Impressive pics.Looks like a grudge match.TRENT in that tight an tinny Red Flame makes name of being HOT.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

Archive

Show more