Fisher vs Rivers












I've been anxiously awaiting this contest. Eli and Kurtis are, in my opinion, the two best grapplers at Movimus, and it's about time the two faced each other on the mat. They are well matched, an inch apart in height, with Fisher having an 11-pound weight advantage. Eli, in dark reptilian green trunks, is my personal favorite, though I have long acknowledged Kurtis, in light green, to be the company's best strategist.

The guys are enjoying themselves for the first long stretch of the match. Smiling faces on both sides. We're well past the video's midpoint before one man succeeds in submitting the other - a fairly typical development, I've observed. Also typical is the quickness of the score being evened - 80 seconds later, in this case. The final six minutes are the intensest. Smiles disappear, and Eli and Kurtis hunker down for that third and final tap-out. It's a nail-biter, and I'm almost certain that these guys will be facing each other in a rematch soon - or so I hope.

I realize many visitors to this blog prefer pro-style matches in a ring. I get it. For drama, a well-scripted fight cannot be beat. But I like real wrestling - to submission - for the vigorous body contact and for its consistent ability to take me by surprise. Once you see enough of any company's product, the odds pretty much favor predictable outcomes, two out of three times, based on my experience. The authentic, un-engineered contests at Movimus sometimes end exactly the way you expect them to. About 50 percent of the time, I'd say, a 50-50 chance, about the same odds as a coin toss.

Comments

Popular Posts

Archive

Show more