Clash! Bang! Wallop!
















Scotty Davis vs Cara Noir, Clash! Bang! Wallop! (Pro Wrestling Clash)

I further pursue my fascination with Cara Noir and Scotty Davis with this 27 October 2018 challenge match in Borehamwood. If this isn't wrestling, this is what I now like instead of wrestling. Last Monday I posted on Cara Noir, Friday I posted on Scotty. And here they are in the ring together. I cannot believe my luck.

What we have here is what I've been writing about for a while now - the theater of competition and outrage. It's a squared circle match with the experienced and then-current title holder defending the belt against the up-and-coming Dubliner, Scotty. The contest consists of a more than fair amount of actual grappling - i.e. WRESTLING. Then tempers flare, and punches are thrown. Seventeen-year-old Scotty (17!) and Cara spend the last third of the match, hurting each other and evidently enjoying it.

Both athletes are sturdily built, but they spend their muscles fighting instead of striking poses. And man oh man, how they fight! I admire Mamet and Sondheim, but this kind of theater pulls together everything I want out of life into one 20-by-20 space. Noir's outrageous swan gimmick works because he does not play it for laughs. He's committed to it, performs the cruel ballet with dignity and a wild grandeur most pro wrestlers can't muster.

I haven't much else to say here. I wish life brought more matches like this one. I wish the world had more wrestlers as hot as these two and as ready to suffer and make others suffer, too. Whatever the opposite of boring is - spellbinding, suspenseful, dizzying, exhilarating, arousing - Noir vs Davis has it. Cara Noir is my new wrestling hero. If I handed out awards, he'd be receiving them all.


Visit Pro Wrestling Clash's Facebook home here.

Comments

Popular Posts

Archive

Show more