You're Gonna Have to Beg for Forgiveness













I get that chloroform fights and rope matches are hot, just not for me. If  a moment in Match 651 speaks to me, it is shortly after the 24:00 mark, when Marc Matthews has Chase Michaels on his back and straddles his thighs possessively. He tugs at the pouch of Chase's 2Xist jock, but Chase stops him, clasping his hands together. It's an interruption that must be punished, so Marc pummels Chase's already flushed abs with his fists. 

Then - here's the part I love - he covers Chase's body with his own, chest to chest and crotch to crotch, and steals a kiss. Chase responds with a stranglehold, Marc reciprocates, and for thirty magical seconds, the two squeeze and wriggle till one of them is out cold. That's the high point of the match for me.

A chloroform rag could have achieved the same ends, but I like my fights to the death to be body-on-body and hands-on. The rag plays a role in this match only in the first minute and the last. The rest is typical underground aggression - rear naked chokes, abdominal punches, lite bondage, crab holds, a knockout punch or two, arm bars, scissors, chicken wings, chinlocks, and assorted low blows. The video is a catalog of intimate torments, with Marc and Chase taking turns as tormentor.

Fans will remember Marc from previous gigs here and elsewhere. As far as I can tell Chase is and has been exclusive to UCW, and in my opinion he is the company's top asset - or at the very least among its top three assets. He's one of a few wrestlers there who break in new arrivals or break them in half. He and Marc enjoy playing rough, and both are masters of UCW's strong style.


Visit UCW here.


Comments

Popular Posts

Archive

Show more