In a Class by Itself








Eli Black vs Axel, Match 699 (UCW)

Have any two underground wrestlers faced off as many times as Eli and Axel have? More importantly, have any two underground rematches (8, by my count) been so inventive and original as Eli and Axel's? How many wrestlers can claim to have fought the same guy over and over and produced such varied and original fights? I can't think of any who have fought the same opponent as many times without falling into a predictable pattern.

I hate to admit it - because, off the record, I think Eli and Axel are punks who need their butts spanked - but nobody (but nobody!) brings the jiz and spark to a mat or ring as they do. If you don't believe me, compare this latest match to any other these two have fought together or against other opponents. It's as if they come to each bout having never fought each other before. In underground wrestling, they are nonpareil in skills and daring. Undoubtedly, these are rare and cum-worthy gents!

I haven't seen everything, though I have watched a lot of wrestling matches, but Eli and Axel do stuff in Match 699 I don't remember seeing anywhere previously. The ballsiness of their attacks can't be compared to any other product, not just in the underground, but in the indies and  big shows, too. To be sure, influences are discernible - a touch of NJPW here, a touch of backyard wrestling there - but these masters stir up trouble I could never have dreamed up on my own.









Visit UCW here.

Comments

  1. I loved this match. I just can't say enough about their performance skills. Applying holds I never even imagined, selling heel turns and pain equally well. I am sometimes guilty of skipping to the end of matches, but I knew in this case I would be cheating myself of the drama. Didn't know who would win until the end. This match was unlike their previous matches, which were all unlike each other. I wish they could fight anew every week.

    PS Get well Bodyslam!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! Especially to your well wishes for Bodyslam, whose gall bladder and liver are acting up. Stay strong, Bodyslam. We love you.

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

Archive

Show more