Nasty Bitches












Ty Alexander vs Axel, Match 702 (UCW)

This match - Ty's debut at UCW - is dirty, mean, and wrong in so many ways that it must be some kind of classic. What a welcome Axel gives Alexander! Maybe this is what I tried to wrap my head around, years and years ago when I was mulling over the idea of male catfights. Back then I defined them as "sudden," "shrill," "animal," "free of rules and reserve." For me (and Wikipedia) catfight  meant a battle "involving scrapping, slapping, punching, hair-pulling, and shirt-shredding." To those defining traits, Axel and Ty add crotch-gnawing, face-mushing, and butt-thumping.

These wrestlers crossed paths before at Wrestler4Hire in 2015. That match was comparably civil, following the standards of tried-and-true pro wrestling. But here they are vicious brutes, no rules of fair play, no limits whatsoever. I've never seen Ty this discomposed or Axel this animal. Although the match is uneven, its best parts are daring and savage enough to warrant serious attention. Axel and Ty aim for something other than victory. They aim to emasculate each other. For me, the last GIF sums up everything in a bite, two handfuls of hair, and a retch.


Visit UCW here.

Comments

Popular Posts

Archive

Show more