Tag Tuesday













Skip Roberts and Bart Tyler vs Andy Roberts and Peter Ravell (Can-Am)

Today's post is partly inspired by a fantasy fight I had last week with … hell if I know. For more than 10 years I've been staging fights at least once a week with somebody whose name I don't know. Last week he brought up Peter Ravell (the hunk in the gray trunks), and the name brought me to this 1997 fight from Can-Am Wrestling.

This fight has the added benefit of also being a brother vs brother feud, a lifelong fantasy of mine, being an only child with a wrestling kink as far back as I remember. The brothers are Skip Roberts in yellow trunks and hairy-chested Andy Roberts in aqua-green trunks (who's paired with Ravell). Skip's partner is Bart Tyler, the beef in pink.

Regular visitors to Skull Island know I like hard, edgy fights with a strong undercurrent of tragedy - like MBW's Bull Barrett vs Brendan Byers's brooding brawl last week. But I like "fun" pile-ons, too, so long as they have punch, which this one does. It also features hip-toss takedowns and body slams.

Like many underground matches, this fight begins with a spat over gym equipment. Like other tag-team events I like, each wrestler fights both opponents, but really his eye is on the one guy he really wants to beat up. For Andy it's his brother Skip. For Peter it's Bart. I daydream about brothers who yearn to kick each other's ass.


Visit Can-Am here.

Comments

  1. I wonder where these studs are now? I loved Skip Robert's match against Jimmy Dean and have wanted to see Skip and his brother go up against some equally hot Latin brothers.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

Archive

Show more