Heaving Mass of Manliness












Gabe Steel vs Jessie Lee, Match 768 - Hump Match (UCW)

The goal is to be the first wrestler to hump his opponent ten times. It's not chess. Gabe recites the object of the game perfunctorily at the beginning, and he and Jessie lock up without further ado. The two men are built heavy and strong. Gabe is bigger; Jessie is faster. Both are all smiles for most of the match. The competition is friendly, but that doesn't mean they don't enjoy pounding body to body - and what bodies!

Gabe is a striking presence, photogenic as fuck, with a million-dollar grin packed with teeth. The boxcar muscles are daunting and gorgeous at the same time. Tough as he is, Gabe is one of the most likeable men in underground wrestling. It's hard not to take his side in a match, and surprisingly he is more at his monumental best on a wrestling mat than in a wrestling ring. Jessie has a similarly sunny smile with an ah-c'mon edge that sometimes means "nothing is serious" and sometimes means "you are sooo gonna suffer." Lee is a leering master of unwanted attention like Nero Angelo, whom he fought in a heated match in January. Gabe doesn't mind the attention, but he's far more interested in breaking Jessie. 

I'm not a fan of hump matches, but this one made my weenie take note. Gabe and Jessie have an interesting chemistry - reserved, but somehow still electrifying. The match is as cumbersome as most hump matches are, but the rocking collision of these bodies is a feast for the eyes.


Visit UCW here.


Comments

  1. Jax vs Nero , Ken vs Tyson, Zach vs Nero, Jessie vs Nero, Jason vs Axel, Cheetah vs Tyson and so on and so on and so on. If you've seen any of those Hump matches, you've seen this one already.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dude, if you hate UCW so much then just stop buying their videos and move on with your life. The constant whining every week is getting really annoying. Are you actually buying every one of these matches every week? If not, then how can you say there's nothing of value in them? If you ARE buying all of them, then I'd have to ask why, since you clearly don't like the style of videos that UCW produces. This just feels like you have some weird personal vendetta against Axel and BodySlam.

      And in direct response to your comment this week, I personally appreciate that they repeat certain types of matches with different combinations of guys. With all wrestling companies there are some guys on the roster that I'm more attracted to than others. If I see a hot concept for a match, I usually want to see my favorite wrestlers in that type of match, and a little repetition makes it much more likely that I'll get my wish. Since different people can have different preferences (shocking, I know), it doesn't bother me when there's a video that doesn't strike my fancy, because I know it's probably scratching someone else's itch.

      Delete
    2. I'am gonna comment every week on how i feel regardless of it annoys people or not. Im giving my view of the match. Yes i have watched every one of their matches (many in person) and because i have, i can comment and know that im not talking out of my ass either.

      Delete
    3. Sure, I can't make you do anything. But I am genuinely curious then, what do you actually like about UCW? Who are your favorite UCW wrestlers and which are your favorite UCW matches?

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

Archive

Show more