Tall Tale













Dio is 6'7", the tallest wrestler to date at UCW and not bad looking either. In fact, I'm unaware of an underground wrestler anywhere who matches or exceeds him in height. I'd call him interestingly sexy because his is a face that equally attracts a kiss or a punch. In a recent Vlog, three-time-UCW-champion Axel (and, yes, my contract requires me to say all that) shared a little of Dio's backstory, most importantly that he is brand spanking new to underground wrestling.

The newness shows in this premiere match against the abundantly experienced Nero Angelo, but so does the new guy's potential. In fact, working on just his instincts, Dio is effective at playing the dramatic side of the UCW wrestling style even as his moves and holds seem too restrained - to my eyes anyway. I can't blame the guy for being gangly - I could come to love gangly as a part of a wrestler's mat or ring style, and I see the potential for that already in Dio's debut.

Nero pulls the back of Dio's trunks up into the butt crack and manages to maneuver around the guy's skyscraper physique as if he's always wrestled NBA superstars. The way he works around the differences in physique and experience is the mark of a true pro. He gives and he takes. Near the 27-minute match's end, Dio handcuffs Nero's wrists, adding a new level of weird to the battle, leading to an unexpected kiss on the lips at match's end.


Visit UCW here.

Comments

Popular Posts

Archive

Show more