Made for Wrestling













Bodies this mismatched - Kal in blue being tall and lean and Anton in red being heavy and thick - ordinarily do not deliver this level of unpredictability and flair. These guys click. I don't know what their offscreen lives are, but I wish I had a relationship that clicks the way these two do in the ring. It's a heated fight from beginning to end, but I see how well they know each other physically and psychologically. Without apparent scripting, Anton and Kal put up a fight based on how well they anticipate each other's moves.

"I hope we can still be friends after I kick your ass," Anton says at the start, a remark that seems both heartfelt and inflammatory. It also shows how sure he is of himself. Shortly after the two lock arms, Anton kicks Kal in the abs, then beats him down to the mat with his forearm. When Kal rolls onto his back, Anton stomps down on his ribs. Alvarez adds insult to injury when he says, "I haven't seen much so far." As soon as Kal is back on his feet, Anton tackles him around the waist and shoves him against the turnbuckles. "Show me what you got," Anton says and dives in again. Kal deftly leaps out of his way this time and lets him crash into the corner. At close range, Kal succeeds in delivering some sound punches to Anton's gut, but Anton quickly turns the tables again.

The action never lags. Sure, exhaustion sets in near the halfway point, but the brawlers' determination remains strong. There's nothing sloppy or phony about their moves, which are both tactical and sophisticated.  Again, I go back to how surprisingly well suited they are for each other. Anton and Kal stir up the best in each other.


Visit UCW here.

Comments

  1. Bodies this mismatched is what drew me to this match. Anton took command of the match early with his confidence- hoping he continues to develop and grow. Flexing his biceps (amazingly huge) and the trash talk were great. More! He boasted that he hoped they would still be friends after he kicks Kal's ass....Kal replied you mean after I win to which Anton replies, I don't think that's possible. Kal's physique is amazing- lean and ripped compared with Anton's oversized build on his slightly shorter frame. Great match all in all. Hope Anton takes on Cheetah boy or El Fuego next.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

Archive

Show more