Lionhearted











Gabe Steele vs Drew Harper, Catalog 3 (NHB Fights)

This is rasslin', boys and girls. This is what I love. Burly bodies sweating and rolling, and rolling and clenching, and clenching and sweating. It's my all-time favorite match of either Gabe or Drew, hands down. The fight gets rougher as we close in on the finish, and one no sooner submits than he's up and tapping his opponent out. The wrestlers are equally aggressive and rough. Drew is the bigger and heavier of the two; it's odd seeing Gabe as the small guy. Topping it all off, Gabe and Drew look like they're enjoying themselves. This is how strongmen amuse themselves.

Gabe often comes off as more into wrestling as show business than sport - to my eyes, anyway - so I'm delighted to see the guy work unscripted and brilliantly. This is the Gabe Steele of my fantasies. This is the fourth match I've seen Drew in. Not the traditional eye candy of underground wrestling; from the start, he has found better, more substantial ways to please the eye, and with each mew match he becomes a bigger source of fascination to me, and he is well on his way to being an obsession.


Visit NHB Fights here.

Comments

Popular Posts

Archive

Show more