Consequences












Anton Alvarez vs Tyson the Hammer, Match 821 - Consequences (UCW)

Masters of pain and humiliation, Tyson the Hammer and Anton Alvarez know how to give and receive. Their attacks are aimed at their rivals' egos and flesh, equally, and neither has a clear edge over the other until seven minutes before the end of the video. Over the years I have come to admire wrestlers chiefly for their ability to "sell" every turn of the match, more than muscle, more than a pretty face, more than revealing gear, more than ring psychology, more than winning or losing.

All that may mean I'm a bad person, but I'm not inclined to think so. I like mean, but I don't practice it, and I don't encourage it in everyday life. But once you sign the dotted line to go in that direction, I want the full package of agony, indignity, ignominy, disgrace, dishonor, discomfiture, and mishandling. That's what Tyson and Anton deliver here and what I have come to expect of them based on their previous matches.

I do have some problems with the cutesy stuff, the stuff the McMahons would think is a showstopper. The upshot of losing a round is sometimes more twee than I can stomach. Here the loser has to draw a piece of paper on which he reads a prescribed indignity that has nothing to do with the whupping his opponent just gave him, Instead of forcing him to hang jockstraps on his ears (not a thing, really, just a hypothetical), I say let the winner kick even more crap out of the guy.

I can only speak for myself, of course. The good old days of butt-stompings out behind the school gymnasium are my ideal, and though many disagree, it should be the guy who's the bully, who has a chip on his shoulder, who picked the fight in the first place who ought to get his ass blistered.


Visit UCW here - and thank you, UCW, for having the pride flag on your home page this month.

Comments

  1. This is an awesome matchup as Anton continues to impress. The size difference really interests me. Tyson at 6'2" 180lbs vs AA at 5'6"190 pounds. The opening scene includes some trash talk and the two fighters sizing each other up. Tyson's physique is a sculpted work of art. Former UCW champ. I could not wait for the first move and they did not disappoint. The two lock up....Tyson remarks that Alvarez is stronger than he thought. AA's massive biceps pumped to the max....he easily controls the more experienced wrestler.....almost man handling him right out of the gate.....the match only gets better. Champ vs rising star. Lean muscle vs bulk. Alvarez reminds me of times of a younger Nero. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. if you like a test of strength, ring skill and a good fight, 1,3,5,6 and 8 and indicators of what to expect. Tyson's focus and Anton's confidence are intoxicating.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Always love Tyson the hammer matches. Tyson need to get his BIGG DICK, and balls massaged. Tyson were in many vulnerable positions; but, his opponent didn't even take advantage of them.....

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

Archive

Show more