Empathy












Gabe Steel vs Marcus Ryan, Catalog 16 - The Rougher the Better! (MuscleBoy Wrestling)

I have no experience of being a slightly built youth in the grip of a strongman fifty or more pounds heavier than I am, whose actions make me hyper-aware of my body via the agency of pain ... and my soul via the agency of helplessness. I have empathy, though, and I can imagine rookie Marcus Ryan's exhilarating panic as Gabe Steel whips him around the MuscleBoy fight room, bends and crushes his body, yanks him by the hair, and buries him under his heaving, sweaty girth. This is the theme park ride you can't find at any theme park. More's the pity.

Steel, of course, is one of the most exciting and ubiquitous "masters" to appear in underground wrestling in recent years. He also, oddly enough, has a winning smile, which suggests (to me, anyway) that he not only enjoys doing what he does (and who wouldn't?) but understands the psychology of this peculiar mix of sex, psychology, fetishism, and black box theater.


Visit MuscleBoy here.

Comments

  1. Wow - Steel clearly enjoys an opportunity to destroy a weaker opponent and not only demonstrate great skill, but enjoy doing it. He definitely feels out his opponents in just about every imaginable way. His Cheshire Cat grin is the icing on the cake. Great match - thanks for highlighting it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gabe is a marvel! I'm sometimes amazed at the star power underground wrestling attracts and creates.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

Archive

Show more