Show Me What You're Made Of











Cole Dallas vs Lobo Gris, Match 751 (UCW)

UCW recruit Cole Dallas not only has meat on his bones; he sells like cheeseburgers, too. Even better, the company called in Lobo Gris to break the new guy in. This is the hardest I've fallen for a new babyface since the advent of Lobo himself last summer. Both men are eager to rassle, old-school style. I could not be happier.

No time is wasted on long introductions and smack talk. The contest starts within the 27-minute video's first minute. While not evident in the GIFs above, it's fast give and take for the duration, fair play, for the most part. The two babyfaces are physically and attitudinally well matched. Cole may have a slight advantage in bulk, but Lobo has experience and the home-ring advantage. While the crazier antics UCW is known for are tapped down, the ring action here is taxing and intense - a fierce but fair fight. Ultimately the match leads to a three-count pin fall; that's something you don't see often anymore, but it's thrillingly executed here.


Visit UCW here.



Comments

  1. This will probably be part of my all time UCW faves. The back and forth, the selling, sprinkled with technical grappling + the UCW "touch". I came in supporting the last few matches of lobo before he leaves US, but in the end I became a total fan of both Lobo and Cole. You just cant help but root for Cole. He is handsome and beefy, exuding a zack reno-esque face-ness character. With a few more matches, hope cole develops his own wrestling character. Maybe we even a long feud with Lobo

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Not sure if you've heard, but apparently Cole Dallas is done wrestling with UCW. I'm super disappointed about it! I don't know if there are any more matches featuring him that have already been recorded. It would be a damn shame if this is all we ever see of him.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    2. Not really sure. In last week's vlog BodySlam said that Cole Dallas "went dark" and that they'd be recasting or refunding any customs that had been ordered with him. The UCW weekly newsletter said "please don't ask about using him, he is gone!" If I had to speculate, I'd guess that maybe he decided he wasn't as comfortable as he thought he'd be with the homoerotic style of wrestling. He's only 18 and may have thought he could hang with it until he actually experienced it. Again, that's just me guessing. I too hope that we see him again at some point, but I won't be holding my breath.

      Delete
    3. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would like to purchase this match, but does Cole actually lose this match. It says there's a three-count pin fall for this match. Hoping it's Cole who loses the match. Then, I will purchase.

      Delete
    2. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    3. Thadd, thanks for the tip about him wrestling for ICW. I probably won't be subscribing though, since it looks like he's chosen long tights as his gear for the indies. This stud belongs in trunks!

      I do have a small bit of good news for you. A little bird told me that UCW does still have one more Cole Dallas match that hasn't been released yet. I don't know who his opponent is, but I'm looking forward to it. And I agree with TIM that I hope he loses next time!

      Delete
    4. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

Archive

Show more