Breaking the Blonds












Chase Lundquist vs Chad Daniels, Selfie Showdown (88Wrestling)

It makes sense that handsome fellows like Chase and Chad should take selfies before, during, and after their latest match at 88. Both have successful careers in modeling, so they are basically mixing work with pleasure - fighting being the principal pleasure, of course. It's their second time in the ring together, though their first one-on-one contest. I get the impression each aims to scrape the pretty off the other guy, thus reducing competition at work. Welts (or rope burns?) across Chad's shoulders suggest he may be still recuperating from his recent bout with Rex Bedford.

The showdown lasts three full falls, so we get to see both men bite the mat at some point in the 27-minute video. Chase betrays his cool, calm, and collected appearance to be first to attack after a pose-off and round of smack talk, and overall he comes off as the heel in this contest. More strongly aggressive than I've seen him before, he takes pleasure in subjecting and humiliating (maybe even crippling) Chad, showing off his advanced ring skills through dropkicks and expert use of the ropes. Chad plays defense a bit more than he would like to, but he gets plenty of licks in on Chase, often giving the shorter, lighter aggressor a taste of his own medicine.

These are two of the finest physical specimens at 88Wrestling, and it's a highly charged battle that charges me up, as well. I'm a lover of the classic assaults - ankle locks, gut punches (and stomps), body slams, backbreakers, camel clutches, scissor holds, claw holds, crab holds, turnbuckle beatdowns, arm and leg bars, full nelsons, chicken wings, hair pulling, and sucker punches. There are enough here to fill a bingo card three times over. Had the sudden and climactic backbreaker been a piledriver instead, I'd be calling the match perfection - with special kudos to Lundquist for keeping the action intense, sweaty, and mean.


Visit 88Wrestling here.

Comments

  1. I enjoyed this match too, so much so that I reviewed it myself. I also agree that Chase was impressive here, carrying the action with confidence not often seen in a rookie. You can see my review at https://wrsscreencaps.blogspot.com/2018/09/chase-lundquist-vs-88w-2018.html?zx=d31311d91cea8c4a. The write up is much simpler than yours, but I do have some different action shots.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the link, W.R.! I love your initials. They make me think "wrestling"!

      I'd also like to point out that Alex Miller's Cave beat me to the punch in reviewing Austin Tyler's MuscleBoy match against Jessie Lee -http://alexmillerscave.blogspot.com/2018/09/review-austin-tyler-vs-jessie-lee.html. I stole nothing from it, though I probably should have.

      There's a lot of good stuff out there in WrestlingBlogLand.

      Delete
    2. hot match. I wish 88 would do more sleeper knockout matches. Theres a wide variety of holds but if they end or have sleeper hold knockouts in somewhere, i would definitely buy more vids especially between these two.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

Archive

Show more