All Is Not Well with Atwell












Jax Atwell vs Max Ryder, Match 732 - Ball Busting (UCW)

In UCW's latest release, Jax Atwell gives the most visceral performance I have ever seen. Any second I expected his pores to seep blood or his head to explode like the guy's in Scanners. This match, with Max Ryder mostly in charge, is 100-proof intensity. I'm not even sure that I would call it a wrestling match. There are body scissors, camel clutches, and ankle locks, sure, but mostly I see undiluted misery. Even the camera appears hypnotized by Atwell's face in agony. To be honest, I watched the match in small portions. It was a lot for me to process.

The "it" I mention  is probably the bowling pin, weaponized to majorly bust some balls in the video's final quarter. Jeez, guys, now you ruined AMF for me! Even if I had enjoyed these sequences, I probably would not say so in public. Technically, though, there's nothing in Match 732 we haven't seen before, but Atwell vs Ryder brings everything we've seen before to a high boil. I'm convinced it's Jax's convulsive sells that tip the scale.

I'm on record for liking payback in a wrestling match. I am a superfan of UCW's no-rules mayhem, predating even Eli's and Quinn's savage scenery-chewing. The payback in Match 732, especially in its last minutes, is like overeating at the state fair - deep-fried cotton candy and butter double-dipped into mayonnaise  - and then climbing onto the Tilt-a-Whirl. Fuck, I am way too old for this ride.


Visit UCW here.

Comments

Popular Posts

Archive

Show more