Asking for It












Nero Angelo vs Lobo Gris, Match 739 (UCW)

New guy Lobo Gris has to run a gauntlet, and that gauntlet is the destructively affectionate Nero Angelo. Often it seems that Nero cares less about winning a match than copping a feel. With young, handsome Lobo in the ring, the compulsion is understandable if not quite right in the head. Lobo must pay for his booming popularity in some way, and I suppose this is it. The question is whether the new guy can fend off the obnoxious heel and score a victory. His previous two UCW matches have been tough on the newcomer, close calls, the both of them. Here, though, he faces an overwhelming tsunami of invasive and humiliating assaults - Angelo's claim to fame.

Happily Nero Angelo has tapped down  the eye-rolling Benny-Hill-style lip-smacking, which had its fans. I still sense a rapey vibe in there, though I'm not sure it's intentional - or if it is intentional, what the point of it is. I'm not saying the wrestler playing Nero Angelo is identical to his heel persona. Hopefully, there's no comparison. Bela Lugosi was not a vampire off-camera, or so I've been told. And I'm not saying this is rape, but it is a kind of prying performance that gives me icks. Of course, UCW's house style has always encouraged going "too far"; the company's charm rests on a constant flow of I-can't-believe-they-did-that shocks.

As for Lobo, I like what I have seen so far. He has potential for being a serious wrestler - somebody who can play heel as well as babyface. My ideal would be that he becomes a babyface, but a tough and relentless one. He is also very good looking - seemingly a nice guy, though a fierce opponent on the mat. The kid can defend himself. He exudes magnetism and charm. He sells his discomfort with Nero's assaults so convincingly that I begin to feel it, too. That right there's part of my problem, I suppose.


Visit UCW here.


Comments

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Feels like that hot guy who picked you up at a str8 bar, gay guy doing a str8guy parody of a gay guy,... hot funny and now back at his place , everything seemed perfect, every intimacy had you melting,

    But as the clothes came off, and each touch lingered longer and explored further, the more passionate every move and more intense every action, but not in a good way, cressendo of everything he could think of or had ever tried, almost like he was trying to find something to make you stop him... it was biting and grabbing, and often pinching... from that moment all roads led to biting, grabbing and pinching. Except the one back to my place..

    This Nero guy seems like one of those people, that no matter what move they start 'nails on the chalk board' "EEEEK" is the response they always get, its just unpleasant, uncomfortable, and just not possible to enjoy the wrestling

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

Archive

Show more