Get a Room













Lincoln Lode vs Andrew Lane, Hotel Hell Toronto (Can-Am/Jimmy Dean Productionz)

Last week I downloaded this 2004 Can-Am video because the preview reminded me of my college days when a pal and I would check into motels off campus to wrestle in our underwear, with the TV on (to muffle the sounds thin walls could not contain). These are sweet memories I can't help getting chubbies over to this day. 

Jimmy Dean directed this beauty. I hate that it took me seventeen years to discover it. It gets everything right, beginning with ginger Lincoln Lode (in blue) and muscly Andrew Lane going three rounds in forty minutes in one of the best motel-room fights ever. That part is capsulated in the GIFs above. Part two sees Derek and Marco Stone wrestling, leading to Part three, bringing us back to Lode and Lane and Lode's new gym buddy Billy Watt, who unknowingly enters into a one-against-all match.

Lincoln and Andrew smother, slap, and BITE as they strip each other bare. Such mad-dog punishments bear the stamp of Jimmy Dean, a master of hot bully gestures, which he has coached his two stars to imitate faithfully. The guys go at each other full steam, yet can't stop laughing, enjoying the beatings they're giving and receiving. 

(Lincoln and Andrew costar with Jimmy in Three-Way Rubber Revenge, which I have not seen, but now need to. Too bad it's not available for downloading.)


Visit Can-Am here.


Comments

Popular Posts

Archive

Show more