Thunder vs Thorn











I may need a minute to wrap my head around the idea of these dudes as ring wrestlers, so used am I to watching them dominate opponents on mats. Marco, in particular, has the physique for the squared circle. He's built like an atom bomb, and I'd love to see that body take a few hard bumps. The idea of that muscle bouncing off the canvas has been a daydream of mine for years. 

As expected, Christian sells every second of the 20-minute fight. The man's face expresses not only the sorrows of receiving a good ass-kicking but also the intoxicating joy of having Marco at his mercy. Watching the match the first time, I forgot that his opponent has sixty pounds on him. Until I rechecked the stats, I assumed the two were evenly matched.

Highlights for me are the hair-pulling and the corner bludgeoning Marco's shoulder inflicts. I would have liked the wrestlers to use the ropes more, but honestly the thought didn't enter my mind until the match was over.  My main reaction is awe. The give and take is steady and sweaty right up to the finisher - the holy grail of Skull Island: the bear-hug knockout.

Visit Wrestler4Hire here.


Comments

  1. I prefer ring matches to mat matches because the ropes, turnbuckles, and posts are additional tools the wrestlers can use to entertain us.

    I really appreciated that Thunder's Arena added ring matches to their repertoire. If the guys are any good, it's more fun. I'm also glad that 88 Wrestling and sometimes Wrestlers4Hire include them. It was also a strength of 88's predecessor.

    I like it when BGE used to have to two part matches. The first would be either one and the second, the other. Because mat matches are a nice variation, it's just a bit monotonous if it's all that available. For mat fans, I'm sure it's the same the other way.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree. Ring wrestling is so much better with the wrestlers using the ropes and turnbuckles to their advantage in the match. The ring elevates the action off the floor when using traditional wrestling mats. It just makes for a better wrestling bout.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

Archive

Show more