Guidophile












Joey Nux and Max Quivers vs Guido Genatto, Muscle4Hire (Wrestler4Hire)

Bucket list item #38 - I can't wrestle the guy, but I'd sure like to have a steak and tequila shots with Guido Genatto someday. I've been a fan since before he was Guido Genatto. He has been the subject of controversy in underground wrestling and in the world at large, but I never lost faith that what Guido does in the ring is true. Maybe not objectively true, but true in the sense that it and he inspire belief and, as despicable as any one of his actions may seem, it's entirely justifiable in its context. On many days, but not all of them, I am convinced he is the world's greatest living pro wrestler.

What I'm not used to seeing - though it's not unheard of - is Guido in a fix he can't get out of, and that's where he is in this 2017 W4H match against Joey Nux (a deity) and Max Quivers (a genius gimmick and ring name). Wrestler4Hire's setups are often improbable and hard to swallow, often impossible to enact with a straight face, but Guido hauls this whole match on his shoulders, no disrespect meant to Joey or Max. As a victim, Guido draws no sympathy (God knows, he deserves the licking), but he does tear my heart out. He's just compelling to watch - like a tornado or a 20-vehicle crash on the freeway. There's practically no irony in his performances. If time travel were possible, he'd be at home in the carny fights of the 1920s, when everything depended on wrestlers' abilities to convince even the biggest doubters in the crowd that the mangling in the squared circle was 100 percent real.

What I think is that Genatto believes in wrestling like no other wrestler on the planet. He sells himself before he sells the moves and holds. There are other great wrestlers - I blog on them frequently - but Guido is in a class by himself. I don't want to name names, but the wrestlers that come to mind when I brainstorm for comparisons to Guido's ring persona are as flimsy as paper dolls when measured up against him. If he has ever in his career made a false move, it was in a match I haven't seen. For sixteen years, for at least nine of which I've been a devoted fan, he has rung as true as any wrestler who ever lived.


Visit Wrestler4Hire here.




Comments

  1. Also a longtime fan of all of Guido's incarnations this match looks "somewhat" intriguing... but the guy in the suit and tie is really throwing me off... and it doesn’t appear to be a rip and strip match so I don’t get it it... at all🤔

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree. In his various incarnations he's wrestling royalty, and he seems to really enjoy what he does. The harder the match the more his enjoyment becomes apparent. And I also agree it's a treat seeing him, in whatever setting, get worked over. Some of My favorite matches of his are those in his Dirty Daddy persona getting beat down. Good viewing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Way back there were a few Guido matches I enjoyed, when he looked fit. Not so much lately.

    I hate it when "managers". Take over for the wrestler and otherwise interfere. Too often they ruin some really brilliant matches. Now Nux demolishing Guido would have/could have been thrilling.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

Archive

Show more