What Goes Around












Ethan Andrews vs Dash Decker, Grudge Match (88Wrestling)

I'm not saying a wily 170-pounder can't beat 200 pounds of muscle in a wrestling ring. It happens, I know, even in the real world sometimes. What I am saying is I'm tired of it. At least, I'm tired of its happening as often and predictably as it does. Ethan is an amazing grappler, and I don't doubt he has skills that arrogant muscle-god Dash can only dream of. But enough already! I just sat on this video waay too long, avoiding it, dreading it would follow the standard David-and-Goliath angle. That's unfair of me. That's prejudice. The truth is, that old chestnut has some life left in it still. I just want it to go on a cigarette break for a while.

One good thing about Andrews vs Decker is that it lasts for three falls, meaning you get to see each guy win at least once. Another good thing is that none of the rounds is an all-out squash job. The give and take is fairly even all the way through - and mostly credible, thanks to Ethan's aforementioned fight skills. Yet another good thing is that Decker, "The Chosen One,"  plays the heel (sort of), so he would deserve the beating if, speaking hypothetically, Axel, "The Destroyer," were to kick his ass at the end of Round Three. Maybe the best thing about this grudge match is that both men look fantastic, and the buckets of sweat accentuate their photogenicity and their struggle. The holds are neat, too, familiar but classic, and as usual at 88Wrestling, the videography and lighting are top notch.

I'm a big fan of both wrestlers, and despite spasms of grumpy-old-man-ness I'm glad I got around to watching them fight at 88Wrestling. As it turns out, they also faced off against each other at Rock Hard Wrestling ... twice - once on opposite tag teams, once in King of the Ring 3. And as close a fight as 88's Grudge Match  is, there may be no end to this.


Visit 88Wrestling here.

Comments

  1. With this as your introduction to their somewhat feud, I think you'll enjoy Dash's previous two run ins with Ethan, despite it being more of the David v Goliath matchup. They're real classics for Dash and KOTR3 in particular is one of his stand out matches.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the recommendations! I haven’t yet seen either.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

Archive

Show more