2019 Resolution
Happy New Year, friends! My 2019 resolution spins off the results of my 2018 resolution, which was to attend more live wrestling shows (at least one a month). Not only did I exceed my goal numerically, but also those efforts brought opportunities I thought had passed me by - most notably grappling with a young stud (TWICE) who turned out to have experience in underground wrestling.
I also made new friends, sat ringside at a couple of NXT shows in Florida (thanks to one new friend), met Kid Leopard of BG East and Rocco at MuscleBoy in the flesh (and stood in the BGE ring and the MBW mat room - holy ground, in other words), and chatted and had my picture taken with indie pros Matt Taven, Nick Aldis, Caleb Konley, Sammy Guevara, and other favorites. All of this out of one resolution!
So for 2019, my resolution is, again, fairly simple: trust my luck, which means curbing my skepticism about opportunities that come my way. This will be a hard habit to break. I turn 66 this year. At this time last year, I assumed that none of the things listed above could happen past age 50, that the time for these things had passed. It sounds like common sense, but it was not how 2018 actually played out.
So I want to be better at spotting exciting opportunities and seizing them. I want to overcome my natural reticence and take more chances. To be sure, I don't want to be absurdly foolish. Just foolish enough to live adventurously and well.
Except for photos with me in them, I took all the pictures and video above in 2018. Now, onward!




























Happy New Year, and here's to fulfilling all of those resolutions! Esp the wrestling one. Find those young studs and show them that just because there's snow on the roof there's not a fire in the furnace. ;-)
ReplyDeleteWow, what an awesome 2018 resolution and very inspiring to see you achieve it in such a huge way. Congratulations.
ReplyDeleteHappy new year and I can't wait to read how you achieve your 2019 resolution!
Happy New Year & happy new writing! May I suggest you take a look at uk site "Wrestle4aFee"? Some awesome action. May own fave is "CALLUM". Thanks for all the fun during 2018.
ReplyDeleteThanks for the well wishes, you guys. Tom Ironranger, I feel the fire, but I've never in my life had the moves or the holds, but that never stopped me from loving wrestling. AlexMiller72, I think my 2019 resolution is to reboot 2018, if I could, and edit out the bad and boring stuff. And to my anonymous pal, thanks for the recommendation. Now I'm hooked on Callum - and his hotheaded nemesis Lewy. I'll probably be bankrupt by February , thanks to those rough and ready lads. Seriously, though, I love your taste in wrestlers and wrestling.
ReplyDeletethank you for an awesome blog. i enjoy your comentary and and posts. i've become a fan of ucw and some others thanks to you. Happy New Year Joe! nice resolution btw.
ReplyDeleteThank you, Ivan. I wish you everything good in 2019.
DeleteLOVE this post, so glad to call you a friend Joe! Happy New Year!
ReplyDeleteThank you, Rocco. It's my privilege to know you.
Delete