Bruisers



Deimos vs Moonshine Mantell, ca. 2013 (AIWF)

Thank you to my friend Dr. L for knowing just what I needed last week. He sent me this match from six or so years ago, featuring Southern-style bruisers Deimos of Miami (268-pounder in red trunks) and Mantell of Fort Worth (227-pounder in black) killing each other in the squared circle. This is a smart, sweaty, tub-gutted brawl of the sort I dream of, all the more often as old-school rasslin' fades into the past. And the 12-minute video demonstrates the power of a single handheld camera to capture the action in a long take, thus conveying the fullness and immediacy of the drama and competition. This is the way good ole boys still do it in the American South, but sadly the tradition is dying even down here. And anybody who's read more than six of the posts on this blog knows I love the way this battle ends!










Comments

Popular Posts

Archive

Show more