Martin vs Castellano 2











Paul Castellano vs Tanner Martin, The Rematch (Movimus)

I like rematches, largely because I think wrestlers wrestle better after they are accustomed to their opponent's tactics and physique. I like this rematch because Paul and Tanner are two of the most remarkable grapplers at Movimus right now, remarkable for their resilience and tenacity among other fine qualities, and I can't get enough of them (along with Braden Trelisse, whom both these young men have fought earlier this year). And I like real grappling, and I know it's slow - sometimes almost motionless - but, as some of you may have heard dozens of times, I dig the press of flesh against flesh.

This match is better than their first match, which I still find no fault in. For one thing, the rematch takes 25 minutes to reach the first and only fall by submission, so it's a long hard struggle for victor and vanquished alike. Both suffer more, and Castellano's shoulders gleam brighter with sweat. Paul has a slight lead over Tanner in my affections - but I love both men's rawboned almost Byzantine-saint faces. Their performance styles border upon the kind of sadism and staying power I admired in Mark Lander in his Lets Wrestle videos of years ago.

The jockeying for control is as intense and sporadically glacial as any other authentic contest - whether we're talking chess or football. Martin and Castellano are serious athletes, serious but joyously committed to this most primal of sports. As I have noted previously, I think Movimus is having a banner year in 2019, producing some of its best fights and skinniest gear. I hope the company finds some heavyweights soon who can match Martin, Castellano, and Trelisse for raw grit and coldblooded aggressiveness - not that I'm willing to part with M, C, and T in exchange for those bruisers.


Visit Movimus here.

Comments

Popular Posts

Archive

Show more