Slomoerotic
Mark Haskins vs Kip Sabian vs PAC, 15 March 2019 (IPW UK)
Chance and a slight case of insomnia led me to this post. The other night I woke unexpectedly and entertained myself with a 3-way featuring three of the studliest studs in UK wrestling. So I made some slo-mo GIFs, which not only give my eyes more time to take in the taut wonderfulness of "Superbad" Kip Sabian (above and first GIF below), but turn pro-wrestling spots into something approximating my daydreams - for instance, the inspired spectacle Mark Haskins creates by simultaneously applying a chinlock on PAC and a crab hold on Kip (third GIF below). In the bottom GIF, slow motion reveals the elegant choreography of a climactic spot, but you have to see it at its proper speed to appreciate the shock of its triple punch.
I haven't much to say about the match as a whole, except that I loved it (it starts around the 28-minute mark here). Some moments in wrestling - particularly pro-style wrestling - pass too quickly. My eyes need time to savor the sumptuousness of a turnbuckle beatdown or a crossbody pin. I often prefer mat wrestling because it gives me time to immerse myself in the action. Kip's hot near-pin of Haskins in the sixth GIF below is the reason I decided to explore the whole match in slow motion. Mission accomplished, I made up for the missed z's by oversleeping the next morning - not a workday, fortunately.










This is why I sometimes watch wrestling matches in slow motion!
ReplyDelete