Tre


Tre LaMar vs Sage Philips vs Gringo Loco, No Place to Hide - 8 February 2019 (Freelance Underground)

The match is a three-way, two little guys versus a big guy. But the big guy's strategy is mainly to let Tre and Sage wear each other out, saving his energy to pin them both at the end when their energy levels have dropped. Occasionally, though not often, the little guys pool their resources to beat up on the big guy, Gringo, whom the ringside crowd adores. The match is at its best, though, when he stays out of the way and lets the smaller wrestlers do their thing.

I'm on record for not loving high-flying, though I've been known to crush on some high flyers. Tre LaMar catches my eye here. He's the one in the red trunks, the one who looks like a mix of Ricochet and a young Benicio del Toro. He and Sage Philips play off each other brilliantly, with too many crisp, brisk spots to number. I'll admit that the intricately choreographed strikes put a smile on my face and a tingle up my spine. But it's the old-school brawling (as in the sixth GIF below) that most gets my juices flowing.












Visit the Facebook page of Freelance Underground here.

Comments

Popular Posts

Archive

Show more