Dirty Blond
Steve Stone vs Sky Davis, Hollywood Mat Fight 1 (Can-Am Productions)
Back in March, friends took me to Los Angeles for an extended weekend of pre-birthday partying and decadence. We took rooms at the infamous Chateau Marmont on Sunset Strip, and at the advice of a local friend I hadn't seen for 30 years, we visited The Abbey. This dirty-blond hunk was dancing there (photos above). One friend nudged me, saying, "He looks like a wrestler, Joe." I had no cash, but my friends gave me a couple of dollars to stuff into the guy's waistband. He was kinduvva dick about it and asked for more money, playfully perhaps, the very picture of a bad-ass punk.
Turns out he is a wrestler at Can-Am Productions, as I discovered only this week. Steve Stone, 5'9", 174#. In this 27 April 2017 match* he wrestles tattooed tough guy Sky Davis, 5'10", 180#. It's mat wrestling, which doubles its appeal for me. Can-Am lists three matches in all for Stone, six for Davis. I have to say I'm a little in awe of the serendipitous turns my life has taken over the past ten years, usually in the form of tiny coincidences like this. I can almost see why some people believe in the law of attraction. Maybe Ringside at Skull Island is my vision board.
Visit Can-Am Productions here.
* One thing I like about Can-Am is that they date their matches. I wish more underground wrestling companies preserved their histories.









Comments
Post a Comment