Salt













Guido Genatto vs Brad Barnes, Forced to Flex (Wrestler4Hire)

I felt compelled  to buy this match, even though (1) I'm pretty sure I don't "get" the "forced to flex" angle and (2) I felt that, knowing the two contestants, I could predict the outcome. So why did I buy it? Well, first, I have unclean thoughts about both these guys. (Nobody NEEDS this information, but there it is.) Second, it often doesn't matter to me what the outcome of a good match is. 

Notice I said "good match." I get what I need from the rough and tumble, tug and squeeze of a match, so unless the outcome is flat-out ridiculous or there's (fuckERRRZ) a disqualification, it doesn't ruin the fight. (Extra points, though, to matches whose outcomes are every bit as tasty as - or tastier than - what precede them.)

Third, nothing Guido has done (under any name) has been a waste of my time.

This 2018 match is fairly solid. It's Barnes who initiates the quarrel (though he's responding to a veiled insult whose meaning he probably read correctly) and Barnes who turns it physical and (surprisingly) Barnes who turns it dirty. My jaw dropped when he calls Genatto a "jobber." (Hoo-boy, that is rich!) Brad has a gorgeous physique, sure, but Guido is built to destroy - and he has a particular craving for sassy-pants bodybuilders who think they're the shit.

I would prefer that the body strikes were a little sharper, stronger, stiff enough to bang, but the twists and holds and slams make up for them with copious grunts and groans. Every cartilage snap is sold feelingly. That's what counts the most! And, yeah, some sweat would have been great, too.

My own kink leans towards even competition. I worship the guy, but Brad is not half the wrestler Guido is - not yet. But they pull this give-and-take battle off admirably.  Both men are great whether they win or lose - one of the defining traits - if not THE definition - of a pro wrestler worth his salt.


Visit Wrestler4Hire here.


Comments

Popular Posts

Archive

Show more