Son of a Bitch















Brian Cage vs Dirty Daddy, Bromance (UnderGround Wrestler)

Before there was a Dirty Daddy, I was a Dirty Daddy fan. As far as I know, he was always a heel. I've been following him since the early days of Beyond Wrestling. What's so special about him? The guy is devious and mean and several kinds of crazy. What's not to love? He is part Abdullah the Butcher, part George "The Animal" Steele. He's bald, hairy-bellied, with eyes that burn cigarette holes into whatever they are drawn to.

I've known of Brian Cage for a long time, too, but I've been a die-hard fan for only about a year. Once he let the hair on his chest grow out, I started liking him, whenever that was. I see him as the new Steve Sterling, the babyface bodybuilder who put underground wrestling on the map about 30 years ago by scrubbing the mats with the faces of wannabes and hot shots too full of themselves. Cage has the righteous manner of a tried-and-true ring technician, plus there's that mischievous (Irish?) smile, which flashes brightest when he's making some no-good S.O.B. hurt all over.

Cage and Daddy take turns making each other hurt all over. Dirty Daddy is the quicker to resort to sadistic or simply lowlife torments like scratching and shoot kicks. Brian is master of the what-just-happened quick reversal. Both are among the few indie wrestlers who work in the underground, too, and do so without seeming to condescend. They'll wrestle porn stars and trainees and, more often than not, make their opponents look better than they really are. Set up against each other, they bring out the best in each other and put on a show that borrows from both indie and underground wrestling.


Visit UnderGround Wrestler here.

Comments

  1. Not gonna lie, but the Underground Wrestler productions are just too outlandish. There doesn't need to be a gimmick or poorly constructed narrative for 2 guys to wrestle.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

Archive

Show more