Cowboy Up





Brian Hollister vs Jax Holland, Rec Room Battles 26 (NHB-Battle)

This is the first match (of three) between Brian Hollister (in black) and Jax Holland (in red), when both were still under 200#. They are well-matched in size and tenacity and experience.  What this match lacks in new video technology, it makes up for in splendid and spontaneous grappling. 

Though I count myself lucky to have lived to see the present state of the art, healthy-looking lads warming up a wrestling mat is my kink in a nutshell. For me, grappling is like sex even when it's not trying to look like sex. And the amazing part is that the grapplers don't have to be that good for the struggle to be fun to watch. 

Hollister and Holland, of course, are good. Both from Texas, they played on the same football team  in high school. Surprisingly, Hollister came to NHB-Battle with no academic wrestling background, but my guess is that Texas boys do a lot of recreational wrestling - at least I hope they do. These two are evenly matched and fiercely aggressive athletes. Not one of this match's 26 minutes is wasted. It's no surprise to me that Jax and Brian demanded two rematches after this battle.















Find NHB-Battle classics at Movimus here.

Comments

  1. An old favorite! Thanks for the refresh, Joe! I particularly loved Hollister. A game I play in my head (and imagine a lot of us aficionados do) is conjuring up matches between different wrestlers who wrestled for different companies at different times that never got a chance to meet. I've pitted Hollister against NHB's Brock Hammer and Duke Russo, as well as BG East's Jaxx O'Doul, and JPWA's Mack10 many times over the years. A great fighter to watch. Wish he still grappled!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jax and Brian are friends in real life. NHB-Battle as it was known recorded 5 matches between them with Brian winning all 5. I don't know why they didnt release them all. I guess Jax requested them not to. I know Brian very well. He was surprised to have beaten Jax so easily each time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So is Movimus having issues? No new content from them in a long time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm told the founder of Movimus died earlier this year. I am not sure who is tending the site now or whether there's a plan to resume production. https://www.nytimes.com/2019/06/06/us/priest-death-suspect-jersey-nevada.html

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

Archive

Show more