Sweet
Justin Wylde vs. Tim Stübing, EWP Summer of Wrestling 2019 #3 (European Wrestling Promotion)
I cut Japanese wrestlers a lot of slack when they do cutesy choreography like we see in the third, fourth, and fifth GIFs. They offset it with acts of brutality one would flinch to see even in a ninja movie. I'm far less tolerant of American wrestlers when they do the same thing. At times, I am more lenient with Europeans like Justin and "Tiny" Tim, just because they're cute, I guess, but I'd rather watch them in a full-on non-kid-friendly brawl. Both are capable of brutality. We even get sweaty hints of it in this match from July, billed as Germany (Stübing) vs Hungary (Wylde).
I've been a Wylde fan since March of 2018. He looks a bit like Javier Bardem - or like a genetically superior Briscoe. Stübing resembles a young Chris Evans from certain angles. I like that they are athletically built, but fleshy - there's not a six-pack or eight-pack between them. (Justin possibly has a Red Stripe in his trunks, though.) It's flesh that is maul-ready. That vulnerability, as opposed to the metallic giants of WWE, makes this and other similar matches intriguing to me. Both competitors are smooth, well-coifed gladiators. I loved this match, but wish they had cut loose sooner and more often.
Dr. L used the phrase "exquisitely complex relationship" when he sent me the link to this match. The relationship, as I see it, is one that Justin forges with all his opponents - a pretended indifference, even disdain, and a certain vaguely expressed level of sexual attraction (which may or may not be only in my imagination). Tim is the straightforward hunk that Justin imagines himself to be. At heart, though, Justin is a sadist - and every sadist has an inner masochist (Freud said that - or maybe I just made it up). The relationship is stretched by the seemingly endless give and take - until ultimately a thwarted "kiss of death" morphs into a finisher that (in my world) equates to sexual climax.
Visit European Wrestling Promotion here.
I cut Japanese wrestlers a lot of slack when they do cutesy choreography like we see in the third, fourth, and fifth GIFs. They offset it with acts of brutality one would flinch to see even in a ninja movie. I'm far less tolerant of American wrestlers when they do the same thing. At times, I am more lenient with Europeans like Justin and "Tiny" Tim, just because they're cute, I guess, but I'd rather watch them in a full-on non-kid-friendly brawl. Both are capable of brutality. We even get sweaty hints of it in this match from July, billed as Germany (Stübing) vs Hungary (Wylde).
I've been a Wylde fan since March of 2018. He looks a bit like Javier Bardem - or like a genetically superior Briscoe. Stübing resembles a young Chris Evans from certain angles. I like that they are athletically built, but fleshy - there's not a six-pack or eight-pack between them. (Justin possibly has a Red Stripe in his trunks, though.) It's flesh that is maul-ready. That vulnerability, as opposed to the metallic giants of WWE, makes this and other similar matches intriguing to me. Both competitors are smooth, well-coifed gladiators. I loved this match, but wish they had cut loose sooner and more often.
Dr. L used the phrase "exquisitely complex relationship" when he sent me the link to this match. The relationship, as I see it, is one that Justin forges with all his opponents - a pretended indifference, even disdain, and a certain vaguely expressed level of sexual attraction (which may or may not be only in my imagination). Tim is the straightforward hunk that Justin imagines himself to be. At heart, though, Justin is a sadist - and every sadist has an inner masochist (Freud said that - or maybe I just made it up). The relationship is stretched by the seemingly endless give and take - until ultimately a thwarted "kiss of death" morphs into a finisher that (in my world) equates to sexual climax.
Visit European Wrestling Promotion here.










Comments
Post a Comment