Part-time Tarzan




Adjacent to my wrestling fetish is a Tarzan fetish. I came across a 2012 article in the Daily Mail  about this guy who lives with his parents but spends three days out of the week in the jungle as Tarzan, where he wears a loincloth and survives on berries and insects. An unusually dedicated Tarzan fan, he even wrote, produced, directed, and played the lead in a one-hour Tarzan movie shot on location in South Africa (you can watch it here on the Dewet Du Toit channel on YouTube). In the film Tarzan falls for a beautiful blonde "Jane," chokes a gorilla to death, and hunts down and snuffs two bad guys. 

The Daily Mail  can't get past the idea that this guy is "jobless," perhaps forgetting that he just wrote, produced, directed, and starred in his own fucking film. The then 24-year-old claims, "My best friend is an elephant called Shaka, and I spend more time with monkeys, zebras and crocodiles than I do with people." He admits people think he's "crazy," but I think he's the coolest dude alive. And though the film violates a number of cinematic rules (for instance, the 180-degree rule and classic continuity), I've seen much worse with much bigger budgets.

He has also made a few sequels, including The Revenge of Tarzan (2015), which consists mainly of a showdown with another hot shirtless dude. It's not Kubrick, but it is dedicated to the memory of Denny Miller (1934-2014) - and if you don't know who Denny Miller is, I can't even.



Comments

  1. Oh my god, I love him and his story! Thank you so much for this. It’s funny how wrestling and Tarzan go together so well. I’m more of a Gordon Scott and Mike Henry guy but I definitely know who Denny is. Can’t wait to check this out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. For some reason I'm stuck on the Weissmuller version - but Dewet makes a good case for keeping an open mind

      Delete
  2. You got me hooked on researching this guy, and he actually has quite a few Tarzan films.
    The hot bad guy referenced is Ekraahm Casim - HOT for sure!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. In your opinion, what is Du Toit's best Tarzan movie?

      Delete
    2. I haven't watched any of them, from beginning to end.... The one with the hot bad guy has a good fight at the end...

      Delete
  3. I've been trying to find out Dewet Du Toit's stats..anybody know?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't know, but when you find out, please let me know.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

Archive

Show more