Bowl Game












Keelin vs Tyson the Hammer, Match 700 - Stakes Match (UCW)

Keelin makes a good show of himself in this match against the former UCW champion, matching the Hammer in deviousness and toughness. This is more than just a stakes match, which usually involves hair-vs-hair or loser-leaves-town wagers. Frankly, I would have preferred either of those options to the stakes here. 

With each fall the successful wrestler draws a strip of paper from a mixing bowl, which instructs him of the punishment he may inflict upon the loser - for instance, chloroforming (2nd screen shot above) or tickling (7th screen shot). I found the breaks in the action to be buzz kills, with the loser usually having to shake or bow his head as he hears his punishment read out. The angle is more Top Chef  than UCW, in my opinion.

I do want to stress how game the wrestlers are. Both are tall, slim, and malicious. Keelin demonstrates a cruel streak I hadn't noticed in previous bouts. Had he and Tyson had an uninterrupted go at each other, this match might have benefited from opponents this evenly matched and so eager to destroy.


Visit UCW here.



Comments

  1. I prefer an "uninterrupted" type of match as well ... but Keelin with that beard is s-s-smokin' (to use a colloquialism)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

Archive

Show more