Lethal Weapon



Mark Haskins vs Clark Connors, Lethal Weapon (Revolution Pro Wrestling)

A simple formula for the improvement of professional wrestling -  grappling on the ring floor plus  fistfight plus  whatever it takes to destroy one's opponent minus  all the palaver. Above all other forms of wrestling, I like real wrestling (on a mat, on the grass, on a bearskin rug, in a sandpit, et cetera), the more well matched the opponents, the better. But some valuable properties folk-style or collegiate wrestling lacks (or usually lacks) are fisticuffs and body blows. Probably I like a good drunken brawl as much as if not a little more than I do mat wrestling. When Mark Haskins fights, he could be in an alleyway, a locker room, or a dive bar. He's unrestrained as a fighter.

I have been a Haskins fan for nine years, largely for his intensity and merciless punishments. He doesn't do a lot of mat grappling from what I've seen, but he is one of the more colorful indie wrestlers. Here he takes on (or assaults) a new favorite, American wrestler Clark Connors, in a match from early last month in St Neots. It's pretty one-sided, though not as one-sided as the GIFs below would suggest. Right now Connors is one of my favorite muscle jobbers, so I might have squealed a little when I saw he was in a match with Mark Haskins. This is good stuff.









Comments

Popular Posts

Archive

Show more