Matador
Ricochet vs A-Kid, Fly High (White Wolf Wrestling)
Several years before this 2017 match I saw Ricochet live in the ring in Charlotte. He was jaw-drop magnificent. Dr. L, who sent me the link to this video, has met the guy, and the good doctor too was impressed. Beyond the wrestler's strength and physical beauty (those haunches! those shoulders! that face!) and beyond his gymnastic energy in the ring, Ricochet possesses a certain nobility, more specifically a gentlemanly air I mainly associate with Madrid, one of my favorite cities and the setting for this match with Spanish wunderkind A-Kid.
What strikes me about the men in Madrid - I am generalizing, of course - is that they are men, not over-sized boys. Ricochet, from the American Midwest, is like them in his beauty, sense of style, and gracious manners. Even when he is beating somebody up, he is more Daniel Craig than Gary Busey, but his integrity is best seen in his entrance and his gracious praise and support of his adversary. The wrestler is genuinely swoon-worthy.
I hate that he went to WWE (Boys Town USA). I do not doubt the "essential business" is wasting his talents because it really doesn't know what to do with a man of quality. The crowd here adores him, even as he roughs up the hometown hero, who, in turn, demonstrates a lot of class when he leads the cheers for the man who just defeated him.
I guess "class" is what I'm talking about - manners, not elitism. Ricochet is a killer, a matador, in the ring, but he dispatches his adversaries with style, seldom (if ever) intentionally degrading his foe or himself.
Join White Wolf Wrestling here.










Comments
Post a Comment