Power to the People












David Starr vs Sean Kustom, RevPro Live at the Cockpit 50 (Revolution Pro Wrestling)

I like David Starr because he's a throwback to working-class wrestlers pre-1980. Hairy chested and square-faced, he would not look out of place on an I.W.W. poster. Some of my feelings about the man stem from his politics, which he articulates passionately yet sensibly on social media. By comparison to his rough-hewn build, his opponents tend to look like plutocrats and/or fascists. Sean Kustom, his challenger here, is a handsome blend of Jared Kushner and Zorg in The Fifth Element.. With every fiber of my being, I want Starr to kick this guy's ass.

Starr is defending the SWE World Heavyweight Title against the man he won it from, two months earlier. These two have history, a quality as important between sworn enemies as between spouses. (In pro wrestling, a feud is a long term relationship.) Sean Kustom is a hot Australian wrestler I have blogged on before. It's always good when the challenger is just as attractive as the man he's challenging, though in a pointedly different way. Kustom's smooth physique and Neo-Nszi haircut complement Starr's hairiness and scruffy past-due salon visit.

Often I allude to the giant ape vs Tyrannosaurus Rex fight in the original King Kong. It's the egg this blog hatched from. Kustom has a sharply chiseled reptilian physiognomy in contrast to Starr's insistently mammalian mug. In some ways the fight represents (to me, anyway) the hot-blooded brute vs the cold-blooded sleazebag. It's a type of match-up that pinches my balls.

via the incredible darren korn on YouTube

Visit Revolution Pro Wrestling here.

Comments

Popular Posts

Archive

Show more