Deliciously Nasty











Judas Icarus vs Artemis Spencer, Grand Theft Gimmicks (ECCW)

Dr. L sent me the link to this main event championship match from four months ago, pitting two wrestlers we're both gaga over against each other. Neither Artemis nor Judas is a bodybuilder, but each is an able-bodied demolisher. Ten years ago I all but packed my bags for a trip to British Columbia to see Spencer live and in action, but the plan fell through for reasons I cannot remember. Icarus is a more recent fascination, and I couldn't believe my luck when the good doctor shared this link with me, saying,

"Spencer gets deliciously nasty a couple of times, and the ringside camera comes in close. And there is one long closeup of Spencer down that is memorable among my memorable Artemis Spencer moments. Enjoy. The less Judas enjoys it, of course, the more enjoyable it becomes."

I once said offhandedly (I'm always offhanded) that Artemis is "built to be kicked around," not neglecting to add that he has a mean kick, too. It's hard to believe I haven't mentioned him in these pages for eight years, but it was the scarcity of photos of him in action that silenced me for so long. And "in action" is the only way to see him and get the full blast of his ring energy - a point that's true for most indie wrestlers, but uniquely true for Spencer.


Visit ECCW here. I seriously need to get to Vancouver someday.






Comments

  1. Artemis Spencer has been a favorite of mine for a few years now and I think I must have missed the previous Skull Island post on him back in 2011.
    I should have guessed he was on the radar here.
    It’s hard to explain why he is so appealing… he’s handsome for sure while still not being a “bodybuilder,” I find his body to be sexy AF.
    He has a superb match against DeZmond Xaiver for Defy wrestling that has killer visuals and some amazing moments including Artemis trying to crawl away on the floor from his foe. Literally crawling!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

Archive

Show more