Had Enough?
Sky Davis vs Ken Rodgers, Sexy Mat Fight 6 (Can-Am)
I'm not as much of a wrestling snob as I used to be. I still have two kinds of fights I especially like: first, real (or at least realistic) mat wrestling to submission or pinfall (no knockouts - I think a loser should feel his defeat), and, second, brawling to knockout or comparable humiliation - unmasking, for instance.
Sexy Mat Fight 6 falls outside those parameters. It follows a tradition I am liking more and more but can't yet claim to like as much as the other two - the style of wrestling-posing initiated by the Athletic Model Guild, which was subversive for its time and influenced later gay porn. This style does not involve actual competition or ring psychology. It's a series of picturesque holds and muscle poses that work independently, mainly in the interest of showing off bodies and body contact. It's no secret I love shown-off bodies and body contact. And the Physique Pictorial tradition is one I respect and enjoy*. If it were to disappear, I'd be inconsolable - but I'm only almost ready to call it wrestling.
As pale and raven-haired as a metro vampire, Sky Davis is a Can-Am regular and favorite. In SMF6 he takes on Ken Rodgers, a Ken doll with scruffy beard, making his second appearance with the company. Can-Am dubs Ken the "All-American Abercrombie" - tall, Nordic, high cheekbones. Their struggle falls into discrete chapters as the two take turns playing punisher and punished. Even the punishments are replicated and reversed - tit for tat.
That said, I love this match. I love the bodies and the body contact. I love how well-matched Sky and Ken are. They are similarly built, but with strongly contrasting looks - literally like night and day. I love the S&M play, which is better than S&M because the roles are not fixed. Here the master has to take his licks just as the slave boy does. The roles are not fixed. They reverse, even if the switches do appear calculated.
Have I had enough? No, never! I want more. Keep messing with each other, you guys! Let me have it!
Visit Can-Am here.
* In fact, I contributed to the Kickstarter funding for the revived Physique Pictorial several years ago, and I'm a subscriber to this day.










Comments
Post a Comment