Rough-and-Tumble 2












Erik Brown vs Greg Ramsey, Wanna Wrestle 35 (NHB-Battle/Movimus)

This match continues the feisty brawl I looked at last week. Erik and Greg are stoked for this submission match that's meant to break the tie of their first match. The product description pimps this run-in as "nothing like the first one," but to my eyes the battles are similar - and that's a good thing: the first was a thrashing livewire. The difference, as I see it, is that the second is a livelier version of the first as Greg and Erik determine to break the original's deadlock. If the first encounter can be compared to a game of chess, the second is Diabotical. Each craves a win by submission and is in do-or-die mode to make it happen.

Erik has added some definition to his physique since his debut. Greg steps on the mat with perhaps the most daunting haircut ever - with jutting bangs that look like shark teeth. The lock-ups are fast and fierce. These guys are flying high and reckless this time, and it's exciting to watch. Like their first match, at times they wind themselves up tight in each other's limbs, barely able to move, barely able to breathe. Then, once disentangled, they fly at each other like electrified cats. However, if you expect this match to settle matters, I might as well tell you that neither Erik nor Greg is in any hurry to tap out - and the catalog's touted re-rematch apparently never happened, sad to say.


Visit the NHB-Battle collection at Movimus here.

Comments

  1. I'm a big fan of both of these wrestlers. Erik's later match against Max Anderson is an NHB Top 10 for me. And, as you note, NHB-Battle/Movimus match descriptions did often include promised rematches that failed to materialize, regrettably. Thankfully, they still produced a large body of matches.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Erik vs Max - how could it NOT be a Top 10er? and why haven't I seen it yet? Thanks for the tip, Mikey!

      Delete
  2. The last two days I have been unable to view your blog using my preferred browser, Google Chrome. When I click the button "I understand and I wish to Continue", it takes me back to the same content warning page. This doesn't happen with the other Blogger wrestling site I visit. Any idea what the issue is?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have no idea, Mike. The same thing happens to me, which is why I now avoid using Chrome. I used Chrome almost exclusively until a few months ago, when all sorts of things went screwy - pop-ups from Hell, too.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

Archive

Show more