Rough-and-Tumble











Erik Brown vs Greg Ramsey, Rec Room Battles 29 (NHB-Battle/Movimus)

Greg (in black) and Erik (in red) tear into each other, exhausting themselves against each other till fatigue brings the competition to a steady but still sweltering simmer. Their match is so vehement that they can't keep it on the wrestling mat. The grappling is superb, super-charged yet at times surgically precise - as when Greg braces his knee against Erik's jaw, in the first shot below.

Greg is the more experienced of the two, bringing both mat and ring experience to the rec room. I may be mistaken, but I think this is Erik's first match at NHB-Battle. If you're looking for a clear victory, you will be disappointed with this anything-but-neat fight. Erik and Greg scrap for 25 minutes without a timeout or tap-out. For me, the pleasure is in watching these guys test-drive each other and wear themselves down for the sheer joy of physical aggression. There's a rematch, which I'm sure to get to.









Visit Movimus here to see more NHB-Battle and Movimus matches.

Comments

Popular Posts

Archive

Show more