Good Friends, Better Enemies


Dragan Okic vs Mexx, POW Catch World Cup 2014 - Day 2 (Power of Wrestling)

[Warning: spoilers and potentially slow upload of GIFs]

A great lockup requires big shoulders, big bottoms, and clingy trunks. You don't have to be big to be sturdy, but I like big and sturdy men in a wrestling ring. Mexx, 6'3", 242#, and Dragan, 6'1", 235#, friends and rivals, fit the bill.  Mexx adds a handsome face into the mix. The two are no strangers to each other. They battled in singles competition a dozen or so times and in teams about the same number of times. At least once they were teammates. Okic retired from wrestling four months after this match. Mexx is still at it. 

The match is a bit sluggish at first; but big guys move slowly, and I love the prolonged arm-in-arm struggle and repeated body blows. The spear-to-the-gut ending arrives out of nowhere, followed by a cover and cradle for the three-count, but a babyface resurgence is hard to find these days, and I'll take what I can get. It's a beautiful victory at the end of a lusciously physical fight.








Visit Power of Wrestling here.

Comments

Popular Posts

Archive

Show more