Roman vs Christian













Roman vs Christian Thorn, Catalog 4, NHB Fights

This is an amazing match, one of the year's best, so far. Considering the 92-pound weight difference between the two athletes, it's something of a miracle, too.  I'm not a big believer in miracles, so my first impulse was to think it was staged. After two viewings, I saw no evidence of fakery. Roman, new to NHB Fights, moves quickly when he has to, and having an opponent like Christian Thorn pretty much guarantees he will have to move quickly. I wondered how it was possible for Christian to get his arms and legs around such a big guy, but somehow he shows remarkable success in steering Roman into vulnerable positions. All of that without even a hint of choreography!

What's more, they both look like they're having fun. There's no posturing or acting beyond the real-life struggle to win. The score cards stay close throughout. In the end the cards are 4 to 6, amazing because of the size and weight difference. For the record, when Roman breathes, you see the outlines of his abdominal muscles; the guy's no fatso. Christian is, as always, in beautiful shape. The more I have watched him over the years - beginning at Movimus in June of 2017 - the more enamored I have become. He's always cheerful, even when fighting like a hornet.


Visit NHB Fights here.

Comments

Popular Posts

Archive

Show more