Nobody Does It Better












Scrappy McNair vs Alex Costa, Catalog 22 - Boys Play Rough (MuscleBoy Wrestling)

I look forward to a new Scrappy McNair match the way I look forward to a new James Bond movie, fully realizing it could disappoint but remembering there are redeeming moments in even Die Another Day. Scrappy's opening posedown put me in mind of Bond when I started to imagine opening credits laser-projected onto his biceps and pecs. For almost two years I have had a visceral response whenever MuscleBoy announced  a new Scrappy fight. Scrappy fulfills everything the name MuscleBoy Wrestling promises, and this soon-to-be-released match is exceptionally good proof of that.

If McNair is 007, it's easy to imagine Alex Costa as a hairy-tummied Eurotrash assassin dispatched by SPECTRE. Such is not actually the case, though I would cast him as Red Grant in a remake of From Russia with Love. Costa and McNair have heroic and villainous moments by turn, and that's the way things should be at MuscleBoy. These wrestlers bring up the best in each other, providing electric give and take for the first two-thirds of the video, with the final third reserved for one hell of a onesided beatdown.

Sometimes I wonder whether Scrappy hams it up too much, but then I start thinking that, yes, if anybody but Scrappy mugged the way he does, I'd probably be disapproving. It's not fair, but Scrappy can not only get away with chewing the scenery but also be his best when doing it. He and Alex have some terrific spots in this fight; only a few of them appear in the GIFs above. I feel lucky to get a sneak peek at this match, but even if I hadn't, Scrappy vs Alex would top my wish list.


Visit MuscleBoy here.

Comments

  1. Nice. Looking forward to this match. I’m probably the only one thinking this but I would loved it if Alex turned a total jobber in some of his matches like this one. Think he looks great getting beat up. And scrappy never disappoints I think heel or jobber he is just great wrestler

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

Archive

Show more